1. How To Cut Armored Cable?
An armored-type cable has a callous exterior. This feature is highly beneficial, especially when dealing with harsh environments. Unfortunately, an armored cable’s toughness presents a considerable challenge if you attempt to cut it. In most instances, people cut an electrical wire when it turns out to be too long for its intended application. How exactly do you cut an armoured cable?
Logically, the first thing you need to do is obtain a reliable cutting tool. With such a contrivance in hand, you can easily cut the cable while holding the apparatus at a steady 90-degree angle. It is prudent to take all the essential safety precautions. An armored electrical cable is tough to cut and may propel the cutting tool towards your eye. Consequently, you must wear protective eye gear when cutting this cable type.
2. How To Install Armored Cable?
The first and most crucial stage of installing any cable is choosing the right one. It is best to use a 15 kV armored cable or a 35kV one depending on your voltage needs for construction applications. The installation process is pretty straightforward once you pick out the most appropriate wire.
The most important thing you need to keep in mind when installing an armored cable is its bending radius. You must not bend the wire to a radius lesser than what the manufacturer recommends. Here is a step by step guide on how to install armor-glad cables;
- First, you need to prepare the junction box where you intend to install the cable
- Secondly, you must ascertain the exact length of armored cable you need to complete your installation successfully
- Once you establish the exact length of cable you need, you have to cut the cable to the appropriate length
- Mount an anti-short cylindrical lining at the intersection of the armor-clad cable and the one in the junction box
- Attach a connector to the armored cable
- Connect the cable to the junction box to complete the wiring process